WEBTOON “CANVAS” Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: WEBTOON’s “Canvas” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Monday, July 15, 2019, at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Sunday, August 25, 2019, at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of WEBTOON Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Neither Sponsor nor Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd. (the “Sweepstakes Administrator”) will verify receipt of entries.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to entrants who reside anywhere in the world, age thirteen (13) or older, except employees (and their immediate families and household members) of WEBTOON Entertainment Inc., Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive Ltd., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertisers, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"). Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. You must have an active, personal Twitter or Instagram account to enter. Go to either twitter.com or instagram.com for instructions on how to sign up for a free account. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. (1.) Twitter Entry: Sign in to your Twitter account and navigate to the WEBTOON page on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Webtoon) to “follow” @Webtoon. Then, post your artwork of an original character holding a sign that reads “#WEBTOONCanvasSweeps,” and include @Webtoon and the hashtag #WEBTOONCanvasSweeps within your comment. (2.) Instagram Entry: Sign in to your Instagram account and navigate to the WEBTOON page on Instagram (https://instagram.com/webtoonofficial) to “follow” @webtoonofficial. Then, post your artwork of an original character holding a sign that reads “#WEBTOONCanvasSweeps,” tag @WEBTOONofficial on the picture, and include the hashtag #WEBTOONCanvasSweeps in your caption. Each entrant may submit one (1) Twitter entry and one (1) Instagram entry throughout the Sweepstakes Period, for a total of two (2) entries per person.
Incomplete, illegible, false or deceptive entries are void. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. (PT) on August 25, 2019. Sponsor’s computer shall serve as the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Neither Sponsor nor Sweepstakes Administrator will verify receipt of entries. Entries will neither be acknowledged nor returned. Regardless of method of entry, if you choose to enter via your web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter® or Instagram®. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: The submission must be the original work of the individual entrant, and may not use stock materials from others; may not contain depictions of characters, symbols, titles, names, brand names, slogans or logos of any third party; may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, overly graphic, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; may not violate the acceptable use guidelines of either Twitter® or Instagram®; may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property rights or any other third party rights (including copyrights, rights of privacy, publicity and so forth), or involve physical harm to any person or animal; may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the proper conduct of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. In the event Sponsor determines there has been a violation of any of these restrictions, it may disqualify the subject entry, cancel any prizes awarded for the entry and/or remove the entry. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each individual entrant hereby understands and agrees with the following:
• The entrant associated with each submission owns and shall retain the copyright to the submission. Each work submitted will remain the exclusive property of its author.
• By submitting original artwork to the Sweepstakes, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that such episodes may be posted by Sponsor, including but not limited to the WEBTOON site and social media accounts.
• If a submission is selected to win a prize, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the submission may be posted on the WEBTOON site and social media accounts; and entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free right to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, edit, modify, and adapt the submission in any form and media, and/or with reference to WEBTOON, in perpetuity.
Each individual entrant warrants and agrees as follows:
• The entry submitted is your original artistic work and does not infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party.
• The entry submitted is not prohibited from being submitted into this Sweepstakes or displayed/published by or through WEBTOON due to any third-party agreements or engagements.
• The entry submitted does not include any material that violates these Official Rules.
• If the entry or any part of the information provided in relation to the entry includes a depiction of a natural person, entrant warrants that he/she has obtained permission from that individual to use his or her likeness for any and all purposes allowed by Sponsor described herein.
• Entrant indemnifies Sponsor against all claims and costs by any third party arising from a breach of this warranty.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or around August 27, 2019, three hundred (300) Grand Prize winners (each, a “Winner”) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes drawings will be administered by Sweepstakes Administrator and the decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator in all matters regarding the Sweepstakes are final and binding. Sweepstakes Entities will make two (2) attempts to notify each potential winner using either Twitter Direct Message or Instagram Direct, as appropriate given the source of the selected entry. Potential winner must respond and provide a daytime phone and email address within two (2) business days of the initial notification, or an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification, and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner cannot be reached, does not comply with Sponsor’s confirmation instructions before Sponsor’s confirmation deadline, is found to be ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if the prize or winner notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) Grand Prize (defined below) per person or per household.
7. PRIZES: Three Hundred (300) Grand Prizes are available: Each Grand Prize consists of one (1) copy of Clip Studio Paint software. Approximate Retail Value ["ARV"] of each Grand Prize is Fifty Dollars ($50.00 USD). Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen prizes. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Any stated difference between the approximate value and actual value of the Prize or any substituted prize will not be awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000.00 USD).
8. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize. Each potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release by email (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential winner fails or refuses to acknowledge and return all Prize Claim Documents in accordance with the provided instructions, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting any Prize you may win, you agree, represent and warrant that: [a] you will be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final in all respects; [b] the entry will not be acknowledged or returned; [c] you release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Instagram, and any other organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Sweepstakes, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and subcontractors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer information; [d] the Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Sweepstakes or the Prize; [e] Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant to Sponsor and assignment of an unconditional right to use Winner's username, name (first name and last initial only), address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and Prize information, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or live and taped performances of interviews for any programming, publicity, advertising and Sweepstakes purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law [f] the Released Parties are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software and for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: human errors, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules, selection and announcement of the Winner and distribution of the Prize; [g] the Released Parties are not responsible for any inability of the Winner to accept or use the Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason; [h] Sponsor has the right to modify Prize award procedures at its sole discretion; [i] the Released Parties are not responsible for changes to functions that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or your ability to timely enter; and [j] Released Parties are not responsible for any failure of delivery of potential Winner notification.
11. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, postage due, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Account used, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer, electronic device or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any website or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a entrant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes.
12. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes arising out of or relating in any way to this Sweepstakes shall be litigated only in courts situated in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
13. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List (which should be available on or about September 30, 2019), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT and TN need not include return postage) to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”): WEBTOON Canvas Sweepstakes, 7 Switchbud Place, Ste. 192-305, The Woodlands, TX 77380. All requests must be received by October 31, 2019.
14. SPONSOR: WEBTOON Entertainment Inc., 5750 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 640, Los Angeles, CA, 90036.
15. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive Ltd., 7 Switchbud Place, Ste. 192-305, The Woodlands, TX 77380.
© WEBTOON 2019. All rights reserved.