DECK THE HALLS CONTEST
Join the conversation and comment to win limited-edition Webtoon skate decks and battery packs!
1. Sign-in to or sign-up for the LINE WEBTOON Application or sign-in to the LINE WEBTOON Site.
- Android: hyperurl.co/LINEWebtoon_AOS
- IOS : hyperurl.co/LINEWebtoon_IOS
2. Comment on the Daily Contest Episode Post (ㄴㅇㄹㅇㄴㄹ).
3. One grand prize winner of a branded skate deck will be selected by judges per day, and 195 winners will receive a branded battery pack at the end of the contest!
December 19, 2017 at 12:00:01 AM (Pacific Time ["PT"]) - January 1, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM PT
Winners will receive a notification by Administrator or Sponsor via e-mail.
To find out more, please check the official rules below.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT (the “Entrant” or “You”) AGREE(S) TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void outside the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Minors must have their parent or legal guardian's permission prior to entering.
1. TIMING. The LINE WEBTOON “Deck the Halls” Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (Pacific Time ["PT"]) on December 19, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on January 1, 2018 (the "Contest Period"). Contest Administrator’s computer will be the official time keeping device for the Contest.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor is WEBTOON Entertainment Inc., 5750 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90036. (”Webtoon” or “Sponsor”).
3. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: . The Contest Administrator is Kaleidoscope Promotions Interactive, Ltd., PO Box 130395, The Woodlands, TX 77393 (“Contest Administrator”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open and offered only to individuals who are fourteen (14) years of age and older and a legal resident of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (the "Eligibility Area"). If you are a minor, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. If selected as a winner, you will be required to provide your parent or legal guardian’s written consent to your participation, and if you fail to provide such written consent within three (3) business days of the request then you will be disqualified and your prize will be forfeited. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Contest Entities”), as well as advertising, contests, or production agencies or partners (and their respective dependents, immediate family members, including children, spouse, parents, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. Entry into the Contest does not constitute entry into any other contest or sweepstakes. The Contest shall be subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, local laws and regulations and these Official Rules and by entering, all entrants agree that they have read and agree to abide by and to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of LINE Webtoon found at http://www.webtoons.com/en/terms and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible. Void in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, Entrant must be a registered member of LINE WEBTOON in good standing. To become a registered member of LINE WEBTOON (registration is free), go to www.webtoons.com or download the LINE WEBTOON app and follow the instructions to become a registered member and create an account (“Account”). Once registered for an Account, to enter during the Contest Period: (a) Entrant must sign in to the LINE WEBTOON Application, and (b) comment on the Daily Contest Episode Post to receive one (1) entry into the Contest (“Entry”).
LIMIT: One (1) entry per user per day.
Multiple entries received in violation of the above entry limitation will be ignored or discarded. False or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render a participant ineligible, and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsor’s sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living person and the prize can only be awarded to the person by the authorized account holder of the LINE WEBTOON Account from the winning entry. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to the email address associated with the email by the relevant entity responsible for assigning the email address for the relevant domain.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules and any other instructions for submission of an entry may result in disqualification of a participant’s entry(ies). All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on January 1, 2018 to be eligible for the Contest.
6. JUDGING, WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
Throughout the Contest Period, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected each day from among all eligible entries received during the previous calendar day by representatives of Sponsor’s marketing team (the “Judges”), for a total of thirteen (13) Grand Prize Winners. On or around January 4, 2018, an additional one hundred ninety-five (195) First Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. All prizes will be awarded based upon the following judging criteria: (i) 25% creativity, (ii) 25% originality, and (iii) 50% skill (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). Sponsors reserve the right to select fewer than thirteen (13) Grand Prize Winners and one-hundred ninety-five (195) Prize Winners if, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, Sponsors do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified submissions. LIMIT: One (1) Prize per User.
Each potential Winner will be notified via phone and/or email and must meet all eligibility requirements, including the execution and return to Contest Administrator of all necessary releases and documents within the time specified, unless otherwise indicated. The Contest will be administered by Contest Administrator, and the decisions of Contest Entities in all matters regarding this Contest are final and binding. Potential Winners must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (including an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release) within two (2) days of Contest Administrator issuing the notification that he/she is being considered as a potential Winner. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of potential Winners to respond after two notification attempts may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate Winner may be selected. If (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected by the Judges, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Thirteen (13) Grand Prize Winners will each receive 1 (one) branded skate deck. The approximate retail value for each Winner’s prize is seventy-five US Dollars (US$75). One hundred ninety-five (195) First Prize Winners will each receive 1 (one) branded battery pack. The approximate retail value for each First Prize is thirteen US Dollars (US$13).
The total approximate retail value of all prizes is Three Thousand Five Hundred Ten US Dollars (US$3,510.). No substitution or transfer of prize or cash redemptions permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize(s) with a prize(s) of like value in the event the advertised prize, or a portion thereof, is not available for any reason whatsoever. Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes.
8. PRIVACY POLICIES AND DATA COLLECTIONS:
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
By entering this Contest and/or accepting any Prize you may win, you agree, represent and warrant that: [a] you will be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final in all respects; [b] the Entry will not be acknowledged or returned; [c] you release and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities and any other organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Contest, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and subcontractors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer information; [d] the Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Contest or the Prize; [e] Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant to Sponsor and assignment of an unconditional right to use Winner's username, name (first name and last initial only), address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and Prize information, statements about the Contest and/or live and taped performances of interviews for any programming, publicity, advertising and Contest purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law [f] the Released Parties are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software and for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to: human errors, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules, selection and announcement of the Winner and distribution of the Prize; [g] the Released Parties are not responsible for any inability of the Winner to accept or use the Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason; [h] Sponsor has the right to modify Prize award procedures at its sole discretion; [i] the Released Parties are not responsible for changes to functions that may interfere with the Contest or your ability to timely enter; and [j] Released Parties are not responsible for any failure of delivery of potential Winner notification.
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY:
Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, postage due, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen Entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or Account used, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated Entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other Contest offered by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer, electronic device or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any website or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a Entrant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Contest.
Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the United States or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the United States.
12. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST:
For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List (which should be available on or about February 1, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT and TN need not include return postage) to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”): Webtoon Deck the Halls Contest, PO Box 130395, The Woodlands, TX 77393. All requests must be received by July 31, 2018.
© WEBTOON Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.