WEBCOMIC CONTEST: ALOY’S ADVENTURES IN TEYVAT
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Webcomic Contest: Aloy’s Adventures in Teyvat (the “Contest”) begins on September 14, 2021, at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”), and ends on November 10, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each Contest entrant (“Entrant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Contest will be held on the ‘WEBTOON CANVAS’ platform (the “Platform”) owned and controlled by WEBTOON Entertainment Inc. (“WEBTOON”), will be administered by Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“Administrator”) and will feature prizes from miHoYo Limited (“miHoYo”) and Administrator.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of all territories where participation in such a contest is allowed by applicable law (the “Eligibility Area”), aged 13 years or older (as of the date of Entrant’s submission). The Contest is otherwise void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable law, including any territories that require translation of these Official Rules (e.g., Argentina; Belgium; Brazil; Québec, Canada; Chile; Colombia; France; Italy). All eligible Entrants under the age of 18 must have parental consent in order to enter and claim any prize (parental consent form can be found here). If required based on your age, parental consent must be part of your Contest Entry (as defined below) in order for your Contest Entry to be valid. Employees of Administrator and WEBTOON, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertisers, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliated entities, and their immediate family members or members of the same household (whether or not related) (collectively, the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is governed by California and U.S. Federal law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules.
4. JUDGING CRITERIA: All Contest Entries shall be screened to ensure compliance with the Content Guidelines. A panel of three (3) qualified judges, representing Administrator and WEBTOON, will score the qualifying Contest Entries, using the following preliminary judging criteria: (a) 35% Creativity; (b) 35% Quality; and (c) 30% Originality. The top ten (10) scoring Contest Entries will be named finalists and will move on to the final round, which shall consist of judging and fan voting as follows: (a) 30% Creativity; (b) 30% Quality; (c) 20% Originality; and 20% Popularity (based on public/fan voting). In the event of any ties in scoring, the Creativity score will be used as a tiebreaker.
5. JUDGING; WINNER SELECTION: On or about October 27, 2021, the ten (10) finalists will be selected by Administrator and WEBTOON based upon the preliminary judging criteria set forth in Section 4. The finalists’ Contest Entries will then be made available for public voting from October 27, 2021 until November 3, 2021. The judges will use the final round judging criteria and award the top three (3) scoring Contest Entries as the winners (each, a “Winner”) on or about November 10, 2021. The Contest is administered by Administrator and the decisions of the Administrator in all matters regarding the Contest are final and binding.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Administrator will notify the three (3) potential Winners no later than November 24, 2021. Administrator will make two (2) attempts to notify each potential Winner using the information provided by the Entrants. The potential Winner must respond within two (2) business days of the initial notification, or an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Contest Entries. If a potential Winner cannot be reached, does not comply with Administrator’s confirmation instructions before Administrator’s confirmation deadline, is found to be ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if the prize or winner notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified, and, at Administrator’s sole discretion, the next highest scoring finalist will be selected as an alternate potential Winner.
7. PRIZES: Three (3) Winners will receive a swag package featuring items related to ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ (published by Sony) and miHoYo’s ‘Genshin Impact’ (the “Prize”). Administrator shall be solely responsible for fulfilling the Prize to the Winners. Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Prizes. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if the Prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Any stated difference between the approximate value and actual value of the Prize or any substituted prize will not be awarded. The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is Two Hundred US dollars (US $200). Limit one (1) Prize (defined below) per person or per household.
8. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Each Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize. Each potential Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and if applicable, a parental consent form (if not already received during Contest Entry submission), by email (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential Winner fails or refuses to acknowledge and return all Prize Claim Documents in accordance with these Official Rules or any provided instructions, the potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected.
9. PUBLICITY GRANT AND LICENSE: An Entrant’s participation in the Contest constitutes permission for Administrator, WEBTOON, and each of their respective designees, to use such Entrant’s Contest Entry, as well as Entrant’s name, social media handle, and approved likeness, for advertising and promotional purposes (including paid media), in connection with the Contest, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide, during the Contest Period and for a period of three (3) months thereafter, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein. For clarity, following the permitted period, no new uses of the Contest Entry (except with Entrant’s consent) or Entrant’s information will be made; provided, however, that any uses made during such permitted period shall remain published and Entrant shall not have the right to request removal of such uses.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: You (or your legal guardian, if applicable) agree, represent and warrant that: (a) you will be bound by these Official Rules, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) the Contest Entry will not be acknowledged or returned; (c) the Contest Entry and any other material and information provided by you are original and do not violate or infringe upon the copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (d) to the extent the Contest Entry or materials provided by you contain any materials or elements that are not owned by you, you have obtained, prior to submission of the Contest Entry, any and all releases, licenses, permissions, or consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the Contest Entry in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation; (e) Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant to Administrator and assignment of an unconditional right to use Winner's username, name (first name and last initial only), approved voice, likeness, or photograph, and Prize information, statements about the Contest and/or live and taped performances of interviews for any programming, publicity, advertising related to the Contest, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law; (f) the Contest Entities are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software and for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to human errors, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules, selection and announcement of the Winner and distribution of the Prize; (g) the Contest Entities are not responsible for any inability of the Winner to accept or use the Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason; (h) Administrator has the right to modify Prize award procedures at its sole discretion; (i) the Contest Entities are not responsible for changes to functions that may interfere with the Contest or your ability to timely enter; and (j) the Contest Entities are not responsible for any failure of delivery of potential Winner notification. Administrator and WEBTOON do not make any representation, warranty, or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Contest or the Prize.
12. RELEASE; LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, you (and your legal guardian, if applicable) hereby release and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities, and any other organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Contest, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and subcontractors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) the use of the Contest Entry, including without limitation any claim arising out of or in connection with copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights, other intellectual property rights, or false endorsement, (ii) the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, mishandling, loss or misdirection of the Prize, (iii) participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, (iv) any interaction with, or downloading of, computer information, or (v) a breach of your representations and warranties made herein. Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, postage due, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen Contest Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of Contest Entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer, electronic device or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Contest Entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Contest Entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Administrator for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any website or combination thereof; (e) damage to an Entrant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Contest; or (f) the acts or omissions of any of the other Released Parties.
13. CONTEST INTEGRITY: If, for any reason, the Contest or any part thereof is not capable of running as planned, or if the Contest, or any website or application used in relation with the Contest, becomes corrupted, hacked, abused, tampered with, or otherwise does not allow for the secure, proper and fair functioning and administration of the Contest, Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any implicated individual (and all associated Contest Entries will be void) and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event the Contest is cancelled, Administrator shall work in good faith to award the Prize among all eligible, non-suspect Contest Entries received prior to the time of such necessary cancellation.
14. DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Administrator in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes arising out of or relating in any way to this Contest shall be litigated only in courts situated in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
15. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List (which should be available on or about November 10, 2021), please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List”, Re: Genshin Impact UGC Contest): 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy, Attn: Global Partner Marketing ,San Mateo, CA 94404. All requests must be received by November 24, 2021.
16. ADMINISTRATOR: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy, San Mateo, CA 94404.
PLATFORM OWNER: WEBTOON Entertainment Inc., 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.