Updated on July 28, 2021
Dear CANVAS creators,
We have some important reminders and updates for you! As our CANVAS community continues to grow, so do our efforts to further improve our revenue programs to support the CANVAS community.
Ad Revenue Share returning to 50%
Last December, WEBTOON extended 100% net ad revenue support for CANVAS creators until June of 2021. CANVAS creators will see the change back to original levels reflected in their July revenue.
Getting credit for ALL the views
We want our creators' earnings to reflect their success outside of the US as well. From August 3rd forward, total global page views rather than just US page views will be used to measure requirements to participate in our revenue programs.
The change from US to global page views applies to the minimum page views required to qualify for Viewer Ads, Reward Ads, and Creator Rewards. For example, if you have at least 40,000 global page views, you will be eligible to apply for Viewer Ads. Also, if your series is approved for Viewer Ads and has at least 200,000 global page views, you can apply for Reward Ads. And finally, if you have at least 40,000 global page views you can earn up to $1000 a month from Creator Rewards. Your Creator Rewards based on global page views will be added to your July revenue (August payout)!
How to find out more
Starting August 3rd creators will be able to see global page views on their dashboard. If you are interested in learning more about our revenue programs and how to apply, please see below! If you have any questions about this update to our programs, feel free to reach out at email@example.com!
Also, don't forget to subscribe to our CANVAS Corner series and newsletter to keep up with the exciting news, resources for creators, and product updates from the CANVAS team. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter as well!
Haven't opted in for WEBTOON CANVAS Ad Revenue Sharing yet? Here's how you opt in and apply for Viewer Ads!
① Opt into Ad Revenue Sharing as a creator here.
② Hit 1,000 subscribers and 40,000 global monthly page views for your series.
③ Apply for review from the AD SHARING tab on our desktop website.
④ Once approved, you will see Viewer Ads popping up at the end of your episodes. The more people that read your series' episodes, the more revenue you earn!
If your series has Viewer Ads, but you haven't applied for Reward Ads?
Qualifications to receive WEBTOON CANVAS Creator Rewards?
① Credits will be rewarded to any creator whose series has been approved for the Ad Revenue Sharing Program. You must maintain the ad display on your series and keep your membership in the program. If you have more than one series registered, credits will be rewarded to the top performing series in your account.
② You must update the qualifying series at least once a month according to Korean Standard Time (KST).
③ The credit amount is determined by your global monthly page views. Please refer to the table below:
TIER AND PV
Creators who are part of the Creator Rewards Program are eligible for advanced on-service promotional opportunities. Gold and Platinum Tier creators will receive additional advanced promotional opportunities.
* Credits will be paid through PayPal or Patreon, and you must register your valid PayPal or Patreon ID on your WEBTOON account. If you do not register a valid PayPal or Patreon ID, credits disappear and do not roll over to any subsequent month.
* Unlike Ad Revenue, Creator Rewards will not be displayed on the 'AD SHARING' tab, but will be announced through our notice board at the end of each month.
* Creator Rewards are determined by global monthly page views, whereas revenue from Ad Revenue Sharing is generated from ad display on your approved series.
* WEBTOON CANVAS Creator Rewards Program will be replaced with new monetization options once those options are in place.
* WEBTOON reserves the right to amend the Creator Rewards Program structure at any time.
* The Creator Rewards Program will end in December 2021 (Last payout in January 2022).
· Any form of page view abuse will result in restrictions including but not limited to disqualification from the Creator Rewards Program and termination from the Ad Revenue Sharing Program.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CANVAS Team