LINE Webtoon is a world leader in digital entertainment with over 40 million monthly unique readers. We’re looking for the next generation of content ninjas to join us for 15-week immersive internships where you’ll be working hands on within the hallowed halls of Webtoon’s Los Angeles headquarter.
We are looking for interns for either Spring or Summer who love comics and will work closely with the Webtoon content team. The content team is responsible for the development and curation of 150 series from creators from around the globe including hits “unOrdinary”, “Siren’s Lament”, “Assassin Roommate”, and “My Giant Nerd Boyfriend”. Students will learn how to develop and evaluate pitches, the ins and outs of editing comics from a wide variety of genres and formats, how to work with creators and creative teams, the logistics of digital publishing, and how to move projects from the concept stage through to execution. Additionally, overviews of entertainment law and business best practices will be covered.
Most importantly, our students will make meaningful contributions to the content offering of Webtoon and have a direct impact on series we choose to publish in 2018. Each student will be responsible for evaluating and selecting series from our Discover platform and work on preparing them for our Featured program while working with our editors. Students will learn how and when to step into the creative process and when to get out of the way as they shepherd new series.
Ideal candidates will have some experience developing comics through their coursework or independently, be fans and avid consumers of a variety of online content, and have some experience in digital content production.
Candidates must want to learn to produce, source, manage, and edit comics for a diverse portfolio of genres and gain day to day experience working with creatives. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of current trends on social media and apps that appeal to a youth market.
This position reports to the Head of Content for LINE Webtoon and will work with the entire Webtoon content and marketing teams. Applications should include links to relevant work.
[Deadline to Apply for this internship is Jan 15th 2018]
● Source series from our Discover platform that have potential to become published
● Work with editors on selected titles for proofreading and editorial improvements
● Develop Discover titles into pitches for the content team to evaluate
● Help with asset preparation for publication and social media
● Participate in weekly content meetings
● Contribute to new concepts that break tradition
● Help develop best practices documentation for new creators
● Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student in an accredited program
● Provide a copy of your transcript
● A love of comics and eagerness to learn
● Basic Photoshop skills
● Strong interest in and knowledge of popular culture and current trends that appeal to a youth audience
● Must be a highly creative storyteller and understand the basics of story structure
● Be able to be in the office for 15-20 hours/week for 15 weeks
● The ability to present your ideas to an editor
● A fearless thirst for making content for new audiences
If interested, please make your application by clicking on the image below.